Friday, November 07, 2008

Current Update

Ok I'll admit it-- I haven't blogged simply due to disappointment. No its true I did feel a bit down after it hit and I've been in silent meditation.

This has allowed me reflection time-- Time that I use to work on my website.

As for the website I'm building.. I have a few more tweaks to do on it then I'm going to work on importing blog posts from here to there.

As of like right now-- it's all experimental. To tell the truth I'm completely new to CMS's other then maybe wordpress. Already maybe 3 or 4 times I've seriously considered trashing drupal for wordpress-- but I'm going to keep a little bit more at it. I'm banking on a few things, one of which is an explosion of new knowledge and my skill at tweaking css.

In any case... My big thought coming home was to perhaps incorporate a "photocast" idea. This is a simple java or flash based photo album blog-style post that runs on a pre-defined timer that's set to a podcast mp3 running either within the photo album or underneith it.

Presentation wise, I believe it would be great to watch a story unfold through pictures like a book. I'll have to work up an example, try it out, and see what happens.

Until then..

~J out

No comments: